HOW ON EARTH DO I WORK FOR MY OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD DREAMS?

In this blog, I will be sharing insights on how I work for my dreams in order to make them a reality. Most of us are often told that it's too unreasonable and impractical to have such big dreams when you come from a developing country where opportunities are as scarce as hen's teeth. It seemed really convincing back then especially when people would tell me to at least be practical with my objectives. I felt discouraged that I started to doubt my ambitions and concluding that maybe, at some point, they're right. I was convinced that they made a more sensical and valid notion that significantly counteracts with what I was taking a stand for. Little did I know, I was letting them define me and ultimately underestimate the things I know I'm capable of. Despite those, I still urged myself to take a stand for what I thought was possible in the first place - even if it comes with the slighted chance to come true. Notwithstanding the uncertainties, I started working on it even if I had to do things from scratch. I began by equipping myself with good, extensive academic knowledge especially in science and math as astronauts must have exceptional intellectual skills. I enrolled in Massive Online Open Courses (MOOCs), learned coding, read a lot of books, articles, research papers, did experiments, made model rockets, tinkered with robots, watched educational YouTube videos and space documentaries, and attended webinars especially those with astronauts as guest speakers so that I can learn from their experiences and be able to garner tips and pivotal life lessons. I'm also learning different languages because it would be a plus if an astronaut applicant knows many, especially Russian. I also got myself involved in numerous local and international organizations where I can meet new people (especially those that work in the space industry) and gather more connections since it also gives off countless opportunities. That was just the tip of the iceberg, and there are still a lot of things that I have to do to reach the minimum qualifications.







As I aforementioned, I study Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering and is currently in my sophomore year. I took this course because of my huge interest in AI and cutting-edge technology. After that, I would still have to acquire my pilot licenses and pursue my Master's degree (still in the field of engineering) since a higher education is more desirable for it gives you additional and extensive experience. But really, being an astronaut, you must have to possess a lot of skills whether it be survival, leadership, piloting an aircraft, scuba diving, multilingual, problem-solving, and more because it would make a really good asset on an applicant. I was able to accomplish my first PADI scuba diving certification last June 15, 2021 at Malapascua Island.





I may still have a long way to go but I believe that the greater you anticipate for something, the more exciting and fulfilling it becomes once it's finally granted. Most of the time, it's all about the journey - how you got there and what led you there. So if you're looking for a sign to finally pursue that childhood dream of yours, this is it. You are capable of anything you can ever think of. Why say the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon? I'm here to tell you that nothing is impossible these days. Take full advantage of what you can become in this digital age and never be ashamed to talk about your dreams because you'll never know where opportunities could come from. Start working on it, do some research, gather necessary skills, make connections, and on top of all, always believe YOU CAN.


See you in orbit!

Comments

  1. Great blog. Very inspiring and I hope you can feature this to our website as a collective piece of art. This really shows the deep wonders of what you are capable of doing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts